Monday, March 10, 2014

Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:43 PM
Subject: Week 3 of Transfer 4

Hello everyone!!

I did get another package this week from you. I hope I was supposed to open it because I did. I now have an awesome Charlie Brown Christmas Tree on my nightstand!! Thank you so much! It was awesome to get that in the mail! The laundry sounds like a mess. I'm glad you gusy got it figured out. Not having a washing machine is terrible and a huge hassle. The ward party sounds like it was a blast! I can't wait to try some of your now famous chili! That's so cool that you got 3rd place! That's exciting for McKenzie that she's already getting to do dance recitals. I'm sure she's loving it. This week has been better. There's been some great things happening and I'm so excited! Oh I just got the pictures of McKenzie. She looks beautiful. I can't believe how grown up she looks! 

So this week started off slow but about halfway through things picked up a little and it ended up being a great week. Tuesday we had our first district meeting with our new districts and district leader. Elder Maxfield is an awesome guy and fantastic missionary. I'm excited to work with him in the zone. Wednesday we were going to have a lesson with K and C and things just didn't work out so we had to reschedule for Saturday. Thursday we went to help a part member family that we are teaching the lessons to set up some Christmas lights and they had run out of lights. So we went back on Friday  to help finish the extra they got and then wrapped some of their kids Christmas presents for them as well. It was really good for us to be there. Saturday was the day that made this week for me. We went to the Christmas party for the ward that morning and I sang a duet with a member from the ward. "What Child is This" It was a great party and lots of fun. There was orange rolls and cinnamon rolls so of coarse it was good! That afternoon we finally got to teach the first lesson with C. We had J G with us and that was one of the most amazing lessons I've been in. The Spirit was so strong. At the end of the lesson we told him that our ultimate goal was to get him prepared for baptism and as soon as we said that C asked when he could be baptized. He is now on date for the 28th of this month! the best part of the whole lesson was at the very end when we invited him to pray to know if this was right for him. He asked if he could really ask God any question that he wanted to ask. Once we helped him understand that as long as he prays in faith he will get his answer to any question he asks. He then told us that he was going to ask God if his dad had made it to paradise. I don't know if I have ever felt the spirit so strong in my life. C's dad passed away a couple years ago and they had a very good relationship. I testified to C that if he prayed and asked God that God would answer his prayer and that he would feel peace. I am so excited for C and I have truly come to love him and his mom. They are amazing people and I can't wait for him to be baptized!!! We ended the day with Pie Night and it just made my week. I love being a missionary. All those cancelled appointments mean absolutely nothing once you feel the Spirit and have a lesson like that. I love this work. This is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it. I testify of it. And I can't wait to continue to share it with everyone I see! 

I can't wait for this upcoming week. It's going to be great. I hope you guys have a great week as well. I can't wait to hear from you again. Stay safe. And don't forget to share the gospel.

Love,
Elder Blaine Kendell Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment