Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 4:52 PM
Subject: Happy St Patrick's Day!!

Hello everyone!!
I hope you all have had a great week and are enjoying pinching each other. ;) The pictures you sent are awesome! Everyone looks great! And Kenzie's room looks way cool! Thank you for taking care of my college stuff. That helps out so much. It would be so cool to room with Taylor! I'm totally down. It sounds like everything is going well. No I didn't feel the earthquake. Apparently it isn't the first one I've missed since being out here. How big was it?  A and J and L are doing well. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. I got lucky I remembered my camera this time. It's funny that I thought of the skate park too when I flew over my bike. Haha It's good to hear that things are going well with the missionaries. Thanks for keeping me posted. I heard from Deegan today. That was super cool. Somehow he got my email. If that was you then thanks. :)
Well this week was nothing compared to the last two. So I wont have a whole lot to say. It was pretty slow and uneventful. So Monday night we picked up a new investigator named B. He is Philipino and is the cousin of a less active family named the C's. He lives with them and expressed the desire to learn more. This week we should be starting the lessons with him unless he is out of town for the week. Tuesday was nothing too special besides our normal District meeting. Wednesday was weird. Elder Albright and Elder Reed went to a baptism in Lake Elsinore so I was left with Elder Prieto and so we had to divide our night between our two areas. This meant going to both our dinner appointments and then scrambling to get teamups so we could each go on a split to our separate lessons. Somehow it all worked out and I got to go with Brother Allen to teach A. Her and R are doing well. During our lesson I taught them about miracles. Alma 37:6-7 And helped them understand that if they wanted the miracle of A getting permission to be baptized then they had to do all the small and simple things first. It was a pretty good lesson and now they are committed to read and pray every day and A is coming to church every week from now on. They are getting stronger and I can see it. I love it! I know that soon the Lord will bless them.

Thursday I was asked to prepare a song for Multi Zone meeting on Friday. Yeah a lot of time to prepare huh? So instead of weekly planning I got lucky and one of the sisters in the zone is a piano genius and can read music super good. So I called her and she agreed to play for me so that morning we practiced I know that my Redeemer lives. Friday was multi zones and my song went pretty good. I only cracked once at the very end dang it. Oh well. Other than that we learned a lot from President Smart as he prepared us for the transition of new President's in June. I can't believe it's been almost a year I've served with the Smart's. I can say I truly love them. They are amazing people of God. You can feel the love they have for each missionary. After the meeting we did some service helping someone move. Albright hurt his knees and was out for the rest of the day. Saturday we did more moving and we made him stay in the car cuz we had to help him up stairs it was so bad. After a blessing though he perked up and is now feeling a lot better. Sunday wasn't too bad. We had an awesome dinner with the Goodwin's. They made us play the piano and I had to sing for our desert but other than that it was great. She does so much for us missionaries as the Relief Society President. I love their family.
Well that is about it for today. Hopefully this week will be a lot more productive and I know we will see a lot more success as well. I hope you all have a great week. Oh and today is my 8 month mark! Can you believe it? It's crazy. Can't wait to hear from you again!
Love,
Elder Bushman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment