Monday, March 10, 2014

Last week of the Transfer! Feb 18, 2014

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:14 PM
Subject: Last week of the Transfer!

Hello Everyone!!
I'm glad that you got my letter. That was super fast. I'm sorry it's taken so long to write back. I've had such a crazy couple of weeks. I'm getting better. The temple was amazing! I learned a lot from that session. And yes I did get pictures from you from Madrigal. Thank you so much. Those were great to see. And Wow! Logan your Family Tree project is awesome. I'm super impressed. The other elders with me right now saw it and thought it is super cool too! You have an awesome talent.
 I'm glad that seminary is still going well. I'm amazed at how far you've moved through the Book of Mormon already. I've heard how great a teacher you are from others back home. Keep up the good work mom. You're helping a lot of people. That's cool that you had Chanler help you out. I'm sure he added a bunch of energy to the class. Haha That blows my mind that Canyon and Jon are already turning in their papers! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Thank you for all of your prayers. I know that they are helping. Z is preparing to be baptized now and I know that your prayers have had a part in that. I'm glad that you and Dad had a good Valentine's Day. Sounds like a great concert. I'm a little jealous. I'm keeping McKenzie in my prayers. I hope she gets feeling better and you figure out what the issue is. That's too bad that Chanler got strep. But I'm on his side. I wouldn't have a problem just watching the Olympics all day. I never thought about the fact that I would miss the Olympics during my mission. GO USA!
So my week was..well...not the best ever. It was good, but we didn't get to do much. I'll explain why. So Monday was PDay and we did the normal PDay activities. Tuesday was the Temple trip which was awesome! Although We almost got left in Redlands with no ride back home... Our member that took us thought that we only needed a ride TO the temple. Not there and back. So the whole way there we were scrambling to find a ride for us and the two other elders with us. We couldn't get anyone. I was thinking I was gonna have to ride the bus or walk back to Corona. Thankfully, at the last second, after the session was over, one of the other sets of elders told us that their ride could take us. So we all squished into a super small truck and drove the 45 minutes home with our knees in our chests. So I definitely learned my lesson and now know that I need to make sure the members know that when we go to the temple we will need a ride there AND a ride back. Other than that though it was an awesome day. We got Cafe Rio while in Redlands which was amazing. And that night we got to have a short little lesson with the McDs before we went to bed.
Wednesday was the day we finally got to email. After that we had a lesson with D and . We taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Lesson 3) which is basically the 4th Article of Faith. And the Spirit was so  strong. Right when we were about to invite Z to baptism we asked if he could feel the Spirit. His answer was so unexpected. He said..."I'm sorry but I can't really feel anything right now. The feeling I have right now it's..it's kinda nasty." I was so taken aback. I had no idea why he would feel that way. Then the reason came out. I noticed he was holding his stomach and he looked at his mom and said that he needed to use the bathroom. BAD. HAHA It was so funny! We ended up ending the lesson then because D told us he would be in the bathroom for at least 30 minutes due to the fact that he had been holding it in for about the past 4 or 5 hours! It was pretty funny. We had a good laugh about it after we left.
So Thursday was when it started. Elder Renner woke up with the flu. So for the next three days we stayed inside because he was so weak and tired. It was pretty bad. The only time we left was Thursday night we had dinner with an inactive lady (Sister B) and her sister and daughter (J), and to let the other elders borrow our car since we weren't using it, and to get our OYMs.Our dinner with the Bs went great though and we think that we might be able to start teaching J soon. Hopefully something good comes out of it and eventually it might reactivate her mom and aunt as well. So Thursday through Saturday was pretty boring since I sat around the house while Renner slept. ( I even did all of the dishes for the McDs and cleaned the other elders apartment)! That's how bored I got. Be proud mom. I did the dishes without being asked to! ;) Sunday ended the week with J coming to church which was great and we thankfully got a few extra lessons in to make this week not so bad. We had an awesome lesson/dinner with D and Z last night that I'll tell you more about in my next email.
I hope you guys have a great week. I love you all. And you are in my prayers. The church is true.
Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment