Monday, March 10, 2014

Transfer #6!! Feb 25 2014

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:34 PM
Subject: Transfer #6!!

Hello everyone!!
HOLY MOLY it's already transfer six! I thought I was on five! I got your package! It was awesome! I loved it! I definitely am going to put on a few more pounds. ;) Just kidding, cuz I'm going to start going to the other guys apartment every morning to work out and I'm gonna lose all this weight I've gained. This week was pretty good. We had some awesome things happen. But first I'll let you know about transfer calls. I am staying her in Prado View West. My companion Elder Renner is leaving. But not to Australia. Instead he was transferred to Hemet in our mission. He didn't get his visa. It was the weirdest transfer call ever. And Elder Williams and I are the only ones staying here in the area so it's all new elders. So we basically have to train three new guys on what the area is like. It'll be interesting. But for me I'm super excited! I'm now companions with Elder Albright!! He was my first zone leader! He's so cool and I can't wait to work with him!
I'm glad that you got my letters. I've been feeling bad about not writing more letters. It sounds like it's been a good week. McKenzie is in my prayers. I hope she's doing okay. I WANT that shirt so bad! that is sooo cool that he found it! Oh sorry I'm writing late. Yesterday was weird due to the transfers so we had to move it to today.
Well this week was pretty good. We got a lot of good work done. I don't have a whole lot of time to write since we need to get to work today but I'll give you the highlights of the week. We had a district meeting on Tuesday. We had a lesson with A and her dad R Wednesday night which was great! We talked about prayer and fasting. At the end of the lesson we asked if they would like to join us in a fast this weekend for A's mom to soften her heart and give her permission to be baptized. They both said yes! So on Saturday night after dinner we went by and started our fast with them with a prayer. After the prayer R said that he liked the prayer a lot and then said what I can only say that the Spirit had prompted him to feel which was "If A's mom gives her permission to be baptized, I will be in church the next day. I will go everyday for the rest of my life. That is an act of God." The Spirit was so strong. I know that it will happen. The time is coming. Saturday was also the transfer calls which was crazy. Also on Sunday I talked to B  and might have gotten an "in" with him using ping pong. I'm excited! Oh also due to some major confusion over facebook between nonmembers and members alike about what we as missionaries do and offer people, I got permission to speak in Sacrament about what we do and what we teach. I think it helped a little and I can see that this ward is starting to progress.
I'm looking forward to this week and to this transfer. We have some awesome elders coming in that I've served around already and I am stoked for Albright! It's going to be great! I hope you guys have a great week! Can't wait to hear from you again. Stay safe. Love y'all.
Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment