Monday, March 10, 2014

It's a New Year! Jan 6 2014

Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 4:54 PM
Subject: It's a New Year!

Hey everyone!!!!
I can not believe that it is 2014! This year has gone by so fast. In 11 days I will have been out in the field for 6 months. That is so CRAZY! I love it though. This is where I am supposed to be. What I also can't believe is that tomorrow Chanler turns 10! Happy Birthday dude. Love you little brother. The hunting trip sounds like it was a ton of fun. I'm super jealous that you guys actually got to go hunting. That's so cool that Sabrina is getting baptized!! The gospel is so true. What is her last name? The Freeman's do spoil us. A lot. And I love it! Haha There's a possibility that they might take us to Pole Position today which is a go kart place! If we go it's going to be a blast. I'm starting to get better about working out so hopefully I see a good change. I'm glad that Rueben's mom came to church and that he has that desire to come to church. He'll come around eventually.

So this week was a little interesting. I'm pretty sure all of Lake Elsinore had the stomach flu this week. It was terrible. Thankfully I did not catch anything and I've been feeling pretty good. Sadly though My comp, Elder Kelley got it on Tuesday, New Year's Eve. So on Tuesday Elder Kelley woke up feeling pretty bad but we went out anyway to get some work done. By 1 in the afternoon he couldn't take it anymore and we had to go in. We stayed in until 6 when we met all the missionaries at the church to play ball. We had to be in by 6 due to the fact that it was New Years Eve and we wanted to be away from all the drunk, crazy partiers. Kelley didn't play otherwise he probably would have passed out. Sister Freeman mad some amazing ribs for us for dinner that night but before she finished she got sick too and brother Freeman got it the next day as well. Half of our ward and investigators got sick this week and cancelled on us. It was tough. Tuesday night I had to take Kyle out with me to get our OYMs cuz Kelley couldn't. We stayed in all day on Wednesday cuz Kelley was still feeling bad. He finally got better enough for us to go to our dinner appointment at K and C's and get our OYMs before we had to go in again. That was probably one of the most boring experiences of my life. Normally if I have to stay in I can sit down and watch TV or play video games. But as a missionary I couldn't even do that. It was SO boring. So I caught up on some letters and while I did that the only noise I heard from Kelley the whole day was him get out of bed to go to the bathroom and the next noise I heard was him washing his hands and walking back to bed. That night Brother Freeman and I gave Elder Kelley a blessing and Sister Freeman as well. 

Thankfully on Thursday we were able to go out. Only problem is that we had to drive out to Menifee to get a tire fixed so that took a lot of our time. That night our dinner was sick so Brother Nay took us out to In n Out. Friday we were on exchanges and I was in the Wildomar area with my district leader. We had a great day and got to see a bunch of his part member families and such. Saturday we had a zone meeting which was super long and I almost fell asleep. Pie Night ended the night for us which was super nice. Sunday we had dinner with K and C again. This week will hopefully be better. Although it's going to be stressful since this is the last week of the transfer and I have the chance of being moved. I really want to stay here and train a new missionary. I hope I can stay. This is an awesome area. 

I hope you guys have a great week. I can't wait to hear from you again. Stay safe and enjoy school. I love you all. Here are some pics I havent sent before.

Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment