Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 4/5 - Feb 12, 2014

Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:10 PM
Subject: Week 4/5

Hello Everyone!!
Sorry I didn't get the chance to email on PDay or yesterday. The library was closed Monday and yesterday we had a temple trip that lasted all day and left no room to email. I hope you are all doing well. It's been kind of a hectic week for me. I'm glad to hear that Madrigal went well and you had a lot of fun. That's so awesome that Mrs. Edwards got that award. It sounds like it was a blast! I would love a picture of those posters! ;) That's so cool that McKenzie did such a good job on her talk. That will boost her confidence so much. I agree with you. She is getting too grown up. I hope Chanler is feeling better. I'll remember him in my prayers. I'm still jealous of your weather. I would love it to be cold. Instead it's somewhere in the 80's today. Geez it's way too hot for winter. So I don't have a whole lot of time today since it isn't my normal day to email and we still have work to do today, but I'll give you the gist of the week I had.
Last week wasn't too crazy. We've been struggling with the fact that our ward isn't too involved with the missionary effort. After 4 weeks I still haven't officially met Bishop and no one really knows me or my companion. The missionary mentality just isn't there. So that is our focus for the next month or so. We are going to try to build a relationship with the ward members and get them into missionary mode.
Last Wednesday we were looking for members in our area that we didn't know and we decided to visit N S, a less active we hadn't met yet. We went by and he was not at his apartment but as we were walking back to the car a guy walked past and started talking to us and we realized it was N. He invited us in and we found that he was a really cool guy that was going to school in the area and hadn't been coming to church due to the business of school and work. We were super excited to find someone that we could talk to and enjoy being around from our ward. Sadly he called us at the end of the week and told us that he was moving to North Carolina to be with family so he wont be around anymore. So we are definitely still in finding mode (for nonmembers and members alike). Friday I was on exchanges with my district leader Elder Jenks in my area. It was a super slow day but we ended up getting a bunch of lessons in and meeting some new people. Right now all of our investigators are kind of at a stand still. It's hard to meet with Z since he is gone a lot to his dad's place. J wants to wait to be baptized and A still can't get permission from her mom. So we are praying a lot and looking for more people to teach. This area is proving a lot more difficult than I thought. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here.
I'll save the rest for my next email so I will still have something to write about next week. I'm trying to grasp my mind around the fact that my 5th transfer is almost over already. I hope you guys have a great week and I can't wait to hear from you again. Stay safe and keep up the good work. I love you all.
Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment