Monday, March 10, 2014

Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 3:50 PM
Subject: It's Christmas in 2 Days!


Hello everyone!!!
I honestly don't know how Christmas is in two days. Am I the only one that feels like it's still summertime and in July? Although that might be because this California weather doesn't feel like Christmas time. It's about 70 or 80 degrees during the day and at night it drops to about 40 or 50. It's so different from back home. I'm so glad that you got the package. Especially that it came before Christmas! I hope you enjoy the contents.

I'm excited for Chanler to be in Upward. That will be exciting for him. I'm still trying to figure out how McKenzie got so old so soon. I'm not sure if I believe it's true. It sounds like you've had a lot on your mind with Christmas, seminary, and school stuff all going on right now. I agree with what you said about relying on the Lord to know the real priorities rather than just what you want or feel is right. Tell everyone at work hi for me. I'm glad that Logan and Tanner got to go to work. It's good for them. I should of done more of it. That's so cool that you have a missionary from Australia! Does he have a sweet accent?! Shopping would not be fun right now. That's gotta be a crazy experience. Tell the Atwoods hi for me. I miss parties over there. It sounded like you guys had a ton of fun. I remember Santa Rita #1. Papa took me once when he had me speak with him in Big lake. It's pretty cool. I'm glad Kenzie got the chance to share her testimony. I love sharing my testimony. It's one of the coolest things in the world to do. When you testify of truth the Spirit is so strong.  Who are the Frodshom's? I can't wait to Skype y'all too!! Tell Chanler (and the rest of the kids) Merry Christmas! I can't wait to see them and get their presents too! 
 
So this week has been pretty dang good. One of the better weeks of the transfer so far. So Monday night for dinner we ate at the empty nesters dinner and afterward Brother Grossman and I did a song for them and they loved it. They gave each of us a little gift bag. It was a lot of fun. Tuesday night we had a lesson with  a part member family named the G's. The dad is a member and the rest are not. We taught him and his daughter Natalie the first lesson and they want us to come back and teach the whole family! I'm so excited to start really working with them this coming month. Wednesday was our Multi Zone conference where President Smart came with the AP's to train us. It was a really long meeting from 7:30 to about 3:30. But I learned a lot and now have things to work on. That night we taught C again and he asked if we could teach the rest of the lessons that night. So we did and on Friday he had his baptism interview and is ready to be baptized on Saturday at 10 am. I am so EXCITED!!! I might get to sing at his baptism also which will be super cool. Thursday night I practiced my duet with Brother Chandler and Brother Grossman and it sounded pretty good. Friday night, after the interview, we went with Bishop and his family and took over some food to his neighbors that have come to a few activities. It was an awesome experience to see they joy and love in their eyes as we did that. Saturday night we enjoyed Pie Night as usual. Sunday was a pretty awesome day. For sacrament was the Christmas music program which was amazing. I got to sing the Pachabel First Noel with Bro Chandler and the choir was really good. Then, we got to go to the 3rd hour sharing time for Primary and the kids did a nativity for us and then gave us a bunch of gifts for Christmas! It was super neat! I loved it. I absolutely love this ward. Then that night we went to visit the Bs and since bro B wasn't home we couldn't go in but, Sis B asked us to take some food to the Ts (part member family I have taught before). We did and Mrs. T was super grateful. We went back to the B and got to talk with them and then all of a sudden Bishop called and asked if we could give a blessing with him. He told us it was for Mrs. T because she was sick and so we went over and after the blessing, had a great conversation with her about the church and basically came down to asking her to be baptized. We are going to start working with their family at the end of this week and I feel like they can be baptized by the end of next month! I can't wait to work with and teach them. I already love this family! So that ended my week. It was a great night and it really strengthened my testimony. 

So I did decide on my favorite scripture. It is Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore........"  I will be able to skype at 10 am my time on Christmas morning so I think that is about 12 your time. I'll probably call first to get the skype number info. I can't wait to see you again! Have a great week! Merry Christmas!! I love you!

Love,
Elder Blaine Kendell Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment