Monday, July 7, 2014

Start of a new Transfer! June 24

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:12 PM
Subject: Start of a new Transfer!

Hello everyone!!

Sorry I didn't email yesterday, it was transfer PDay and things were hectic so I get to email today. I don't have a whole lot of time so this wont be a very long email but I'll get to the important stuff. 

I'm glad that you got so much rain! That's awesome! I haven't seen rain in forever. And definitely not a storm like that. I miss the lightning. They don't have that out here. I like what you did to the trailer and the box. That's pretty cool. you are going to have so much fun out there! I am pretty jealous but that's okay. Haha I'm glad that you were able to find a place to stay. That's too bad that the ride ended right before Logan and Chan got on. But it sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun with everyone. I'm glad Holly is doing okay. Just so you know the only picture that I got from you was the one of dad and Tanner on the zip line. None of the other ones actually sent ( they were just blank emails). 

No wonder I didn't recognize any of the girls. I was hoping that was the case and that I just hadn't been there for so long that that many new people had moved in. I'm glad you had such a good time with the girls. Thanks for sending me the song. I like it a lot. There is a lot of lessons to learn from it and even more deeper meaning to it all. It helped. While this week didn't bring a whole lot of success, I was able to learn a lot and now have a new found motivation and determination. I'm super excited for this transfer.

So this week was nothing too special for me. Just the same old same old. One of the Spanish missionaries in our zone finished his mission today and is now on the plane home, so we had a little party for him this weekend. On Wednesday we had multizones where the Smarts gave their outgoing testimonies to us as they are leaving at the end of this week. During their training, President and Sister Smart taught us the top 10 things to achieve happiness in life and prepared us for the transition for President Mullen to come in on Monday. During that meeting Elder Tui'one and I did a special musical number where, get this, I played the piano and he sang. Yeah I actually played the piano for something! Haha I was nervous but it was good. We did "God be With you till we Meet Again" as a tribute to the Smarts. It was a really good meeting and I gained a lot from it. 

This week I began to really engulf myself into my studies so much more than I have throughout my entire mission. I have a goal to read all the standard works, "Jesus the Christ", "Our Heritage", "Our Search for Happiness", and Preach My Gospel all the way through. So far I have read our Search for Happiness" (with Carbonneau), "The Book of Mormon" (that was when I was with Albright), and this week I finished the "Pearl of Great Price" and "Our Heritage" and have started the "Doctrine of Covenants." I plan to finish with that by the end of week 3 of the transfer. As I have been reading I have learned a lot and seen the blessings and happiness that have strengthened me as I have focused more on my studies. I plan to implement this for the rest of my life. 

This transfer I am still with Elder Tui'one and we still live with Carbonneau and Sweeney. I'm super excited for this transfer. There are still a lot of changes coming with President Mullen coming in, and we all have a strong desire to make this transfer a lot better than last. I can feel a change in me and my work and heart and I can't wait to let it fully evolve in me. I'm ready to really hit the pavement. 

Well I gotta go now. I hope you have a great week and time with all the family out there. Tell them I say hi and I love them! Send me pics! I'll talk to you next week. Until then, I love and miss you!

Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment