Monday, July 7, 2014

I'm not really 19 am I?- June 9

Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 4:50 PM
Subject: I'm not really 19 am I?

Hello Everyone!!!

Welcome back home from Canada! It sounds like you had just as much a good time as we did in Spain. It's amazing to hear about the trip that Mrs. Edwards planned out for you guys and the choir! She really knows what she's doing. I'm so glad that you were able to go together with the choir. I don't have enough time to respond and read everything you sent so I'm going to print out your email and read the rest later. The pictures you sent are amazing! I love the views, architecture, paintings, Logan's nature, and especially those Eh shirts!! They all looked great! I hope that you have a great time at Girls camp this week. It will be a ton of fun and I'm excited to hear about Tanner's Florida trip as well!

Well for me, this week the only exciting things that happened where at the beginning of the week and at the end. First off, I turned 19 on Monday!!! Wooooo! I don't know how and I definitely don't feel 19, but I am. It's absolutely nuts. That night our ward mission leader threw a party for me and we had some amazing chicken and Polynesian food topped off with my request of oreo pie which Sister P gave me a whole one to bring home with me afterwards! It was great! I loved it. They definitely made my birthday. Throughout the rest of the week we looked, and looked, and looked, and looked, and knocked, and haven't gotten very far yet. I have a feeling though that this week is going to be a lot better. Oh so I forgot something else happened on Friday. We went that morning to do some service for the other elders' home share which ended up being an 8 hour job full of yard work. It was great and we got a lot of work done, and we got some amazing grilled chicken out of it for lunch. The only problem is that for the rest of the day all of us were sleeping at every moment we could (I fell asleep in the car at least 4 times), I got a nasty sunburn, and we ended up having to take another trip to Urgent Care....... And yes I had to go this time. But thankfully I was only there for moral support for one of the other guys who tweaked his back and bad knee during service. Sadly the doctors were no help and he has just been pushing through the pain but now he is feeling a lot better and is basically back to normal. So earlier in the week I got a call from the missionaries that took my place in Corona and found out that J was to be baptized this last Saturday and he asked me to baptize him!!!! So I found a ride with Bill Covell (Pie Night) and had one of the best days of my mission. I was able to spend time with Bill and the elders that I had served with in Corona, and I was able to perform my first baptism on the mission, and President and Sister Smart showed up for the baptism as well which just added the cherry on top. It was a great day and I am so glad that John has finally made that step and is now moving forward!
 
So there you have it. That was my week. I might possibly be going back to Corona this weekend again for C's baptism and hopefully at the end of the month for N's as well! I'll find out soon! Well I hope you all have a great week and have fun at all your camps and activities and such. Stay safe and I can't wait to hear from you again! I love you!

Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment