Monday, July 7, 2014

I'm 19?? June 2, 2014

Sent: Monday, June 2, 2014 6:45 PM
Subject: I'm 19??

Hey everyone!!

I can't believe it's my birthday! Even weirder is the fact that I'm 19! I don't know how that happened. So far it's been an alright bday away from home. Pretty weird though. I'm so excited for you guys to go on your trip to Canada and Florida! It's going to be so much fun! Kenzie and Chanler will have a blast at Tyler's. That new camera sounds pretty cool. You are 100% right about grades. Tanner don't follow my schooling example and actually try. It's better for you in the end. You can do it. I know you can. Next year is going to be so much fun! I can't believe that you wont be at Santa Rita anymore. I can see why that is going to be so hard for you to leave. You've done a lot for that school. I'm glad everyone is still working on the piano. I can truly say I wish I knew more. That is so cool that Jenna was baptized! I can't believe that she's already eight! I'm so excited for Javier to go out into the field! That's going to be such a great blessing and experience for him and his family! Logan got a TV?!?! What?! No way. That's just not fair. I completely agree with what you said about using the Spirit. This new responsibility is going to be such a great help for me to create new habits and come closer to the Holy Ghost. Finding this week was okay. We found one lady named E, who's husband (a less active member) just passed away in a car accident, through some other missionaries. I think she's going to progress quickly so I'm excited to work with her.

Well this week was good but super slow. There was some drama and issues with some other missionaries and their car and so throughout the week we had to help them out a lot which took a lot of time out of our schedule, but they should be good this week and everything will go back to normal. Tuesday we didn't have District Meeting which meant two things. One, Friday we have Zone Meeting. And Two, I didn't have to prepare a training! Instead we took Elder Sweeney to Urgent Care because he slammed his finger in the front door of our apartment and it is completely black and swollen to twice the size. It's pretty disgusting. We took another trip to Riverside and urgent care on Wednesday and that night had a good first lesson with E_ during which we taught Lesson 3, Gospel of Jesus Christ, and she just took it all in. It was great! Friday was my first Zone meeting in the Menifee Zone and our Zone Leaders really pumped us up for this month. There is a ton of work out here to do and our zone is usually the top baptizing zone in the mission so we have to keep the hard work up. After the meeting the Grossman's came out to take us to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate birthdays. Carbonneau's was the 31st. It was a blast and they surprised us by bringing Kyle F_ along which was nice. I miss those families so much. Saturday was a ward party during which we ate hotdogs and played kickball. It was a lot of fun even though there wasn't a huge turnout. Oh and right before that we were asked to give a five minute Restoration lesson at a child of record baptism which went very well. And to end the week off we had church and found out that a family in the ward, the P's, (their son A just left on his mission to Chicago and he is our ward mission leader) are going to through me a little party tonight for my birthday so I'm pretty happy and excited about that. It's really weird celebrating your birthday in an area where you don't know hardly anyone. Today we went bowling which was a blast! Other than that, all of our time has been spent looking through and knocking on the doors of the people that we have in our records from past investigators and Part member families. It's tough work, but I know we'll find someone soon.

Well I gotta go now. I hope you have a great week and time on some awesome Vacations! I miss you all. Stay safe. I can't wait to hear from you again! I love you!

Love,
Elder Bushman


No comments:

Post a Comment