Monday, December 9, 2013

Another Transfer! Another Month!

Sent: Monday, December 2, 2013 4:30 PM
Subject: Another Transfer! Another Month!


Hello everyone!!!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I missed you all. I hope you are all doing well. I haven't gotten an email from you today yet but hopefully it comes before I get off. Well this week was pretty slow again. Mostly because it was the last week of the transfer and Thanksgiving as well. I don't have my planner with me right now to tell me exactly what we did this week so I'm gonna have to go off memory. Little scary. ;)

But Monday was another good PDay. Kyle Freeman and Chad Holmes came to play ball with us since they didn't have school for the week so that was a lot of fun. Tuesday was another district meeting. which is always good. It's nice to spend time with the other missionaries in the zone. Lunch that day was a blast! All the Elders went to Wendy's and just had a great time! We were laughing the whole time as we got to enjoy some man to man talk. It was great! We've had a couple lessons flake out on us like usual. Nothing to different. Thanksgiving was amazing! The only thing we had to do that day was to get our 20 contacts, so that morning at 7 we got dressed went to get our contacts and then for the rest of the day including dinners we were able to were normal clothes. You have no idea how nice it was to spend all day in my jeans and boots. I felt amazing! I even slept in my jeans that night because I missed them so much. We went to the A's and hung out with them for a few hours. They taught us how to play dominoes and it's intense. We basically have to play at least once every time we go over now. I love it! After the A's we went to the S's (recent converts of one year from the Ortega ward) for our first dinner. They fed all the elders in our zone. It was super good. Turkey and steak! As soon as we left that dinner stuffed we remembered we had another dinner appointment in our area at the Cranes. Turkey and Fish. It was super good but I was so full and exhausted I didn't want to do anything the rest of the day but just sit on the couch back home and sleep. It was an awesome Thanksgiving! Friday we met with the G family. They are a part member family and after our meeting with them they agreed to take the lessons so we are super stoked to teach them! Saturday was the day that I have dreaded all transfer long. Transfer calls. I really really did not want to have to leave this area. I love the people here and there is so much work that is about to happen. We did a ton of service Saturday as we anxiously waited for the call to come. It wasn't until after another awesome night at Bill's Pie Night that we finally got the call at 10:30 that night. Elder Kelley and I are both staying for at least one more transfer!! I am so excited to spend Christmas and New Years here!!! It's going to be amazing!!! Sunday was another good day with the ward. and now today we are getting the couple new elders in the area within the next couple hours and I'm stoked. It's going to be a great transfer!

So Saturday night once we found out that we're both staying, Elder Kelley and I decided that we are going to change up our missionary work a lot. And work our hardest to succeed. A few months ago our Stake President told us at ward council that there are 20 people waiting and ready to be baptized by the end of the year. So far we've only had three (B, L, and T). So Kelley and I decided that we are going to make a miracle happen and get the rest of the 17 baptisms this month before New Years. I know how crazy that sounds, but I also know that President Wilson knew what he was saying and was led by the Spirit to do so which means that it is possible. We will be doing a lot of hard work, fasting, and praying to make this happen. Please keep us in your prayers this month so that we can make this miracle happen. I know that with God anything is possible. I am so excited to help make the work of the Lord roll forward. 

I hope to hear from you soon. I also hope youre doing okay. I miss and love you. Be safe and have a wonderful week. 

Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment