Monday, November 11, 2013

Time Change

Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: Hello from Texas

Hello everyone!!
 
It's been a weird week for me too. But at the same time it's been amazing! The time change is messing with me so much. It's tough for a missionary to try and talk to people when they all feel like it's time to go to bed by 6 o clock and they don't want to talk to anyone. That's cool that you have the Bodily's living at the house right now. I'm sorry that you are feeling bad. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. I hope you get feeling better soon. I wish I could go to Texas Roadhouse so bad. There is one here but it's just outside of my area so I can't. I've also been craving whataburger a lot lately. Hope your fall party is a blast. They always are.  If I think of anything else I need I will let you know. As of right now I think I'm good. The weather has been amazing this past week. It's been in the low 80's with a great breeze all day. Can you believe that I've been out for three and a half months already!?!? That is so CRAZY.
 
Well this week has been interesting. Monday was a good PDay. we've been meeting with the A's everyday. The problem is that T and E haven't been showing up for the lessons or church for the past two weeks and I'm getting worried that there are going to be some things that hold E back from getting baptized this Saturday. Hopefully we can get a hold of him tomorrow. Please keep them in your prayers. We need it. a lot. Tuesday we had a good district meeting. I got to train again and I trained on helping people make and keep commitments. It was good for me because I need help on that particular topic when teaching my investigators. It all comes from truly understanding the Atonement of Christ and loving the people you are teaching like Christ does. Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder T from the Ortega Ward. He is my district leader right now. It was a slow day up until about 2 when we finally got into Brother Hill's house for a lesson and then everyone started opening their doors for us. We had a great lesson about the Plan of Salvation with Brother Hill's nephew R that day. He is a really cool guy and I am excited to be able to work with him. That night Kyle Freeman and his brothers took us out to Chiles for dinner. It was great! We got some awesome pictures in a little old cop car outside the restaurant which I will be sending soon. Thursday we did some service for L and one of her friends and then we got a call that we had to turn in our truck. We now have a 2013 Ford Fusion with about 6,000 miles. I was a little sad at first but now I really like our car. It's pretty sick. Friday was the best day of the week. We got to go to the temple!!! It was probably the best session I have been to so far. Our bishop went with us and it was super cool to be able to share ideas and questions with each other in the Celestial room. I love the temple. I love the peace that is inside. The Spirit is so strong there. Saturday was a slow day for me. I was just exhausted all day, more than I usually am. After another great pie night I went to bed as soon as we got home. I think I'm going to be trying to get some more sleep in. Sunday R came to church which was awesome! He seemed to like it. We haven't been able to talk with him since but we are planning on it tomorrow. I also sang in sacrament on Sunday with Brother Grossman playing the piano for a really cool arrangement of I Stand All Amazed. It is a beautiful song. I love the power and spirit that music can bring. 
 
Well that is all for this week. Hopefully I will have something crazy happen this week for me to tell you about. Please pray for the area and our investigators. Say hi to everyone for me. I miss you and love you. I can't wait to hear from you again. 

Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment