Sunday, November 3, 2013


Sorry about the late post - watch for another one tomorrow!!

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: Dallas or Bust!

Hello Everyone!!!

It was great to hear from you! I'm so glad that you got to go to Dallas and see Taylor before he leaves. Send me his email address please so that I can stay in contact with him. I'm so excited for him! I miss everyone. The dance sounds like fun. It brings me back to the tooth fairy costume. I'm so glad you got to go to Kaitlyn's concert. Thank you so much for the pictures. J is doing good. My feet are getting tired but nothing too bad. Actually haven't gotten as many blisters as I thought I would. 

So my new companion, Elder Kelley, is pretty chill. He is from Atlanta, Georgia and has been out for about 7 and a half months. I'm having to show him the ropes around the area since his last couple areas have been somewhat lacking and I'm going to be doing a lot of teaching. I'm excited though. It should be a great transfer. Monday we had a great lesson with J and he is doing great. Tuesday we had 5 lessons and I introduced Elder Kelley to the Alvarez's! That was fun. haha E is doing great! (T's boyfriend) We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he is getting super close to being ready for baptism. After the lesson he asked for a blessing to help him stop smoking and drinking. We are getting closer with C. Wednesday we had dinner with him and his mom and we talked a little about baptism and it was a good step for him. Wednesday we also talked with T and she said that that night she talked with E for a long time and they want to get married after he is baptized and then he told her that he wants to be sealed to her in the temple!! They've been looking at rings and dresses! We are SO STOKED!!! We also taught Brother A (Scottish man) and his daughter and she is now an investigator and taking the lessons from us! Friday we got to go to the Ward Trunk or Treat! It was awesome! we met a lot of non members and hope to be able to teach some of them soon. Saturday was super slow and we have been walking everywhere so that we can save on miles for the car. Pie night was interesting since it was a bunch of new elders there. Oh! We got a call from the housing coordinators and we are moving to a new homeshare more central to our area with an awesome family later today.! I'm so excited to live at the Fr's! Sunday was good until about 5:30 and then it got amazing. We had a lesson with the H's and their two friends that they had brought to the Trunk or Treat and they agreed to be baptized at the end of November! We are so excited. Z and C are awesome people. Please keep them and all our other investigators in your prayers. That all happened after a day of fasting which really built my testimony. I'm so excited for this week. It's gong to be great!

I can't wait to hear from you guys again. Have a great week! Miss and love you all.

Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment