Monday, October 21, 2013

(As suggested for privacy, I am taking out the full names of people Kendell is working with.   While we have been counseled to pray for his investigators by name, if you would like to join us in this, please feel free to contact me and I will share them with you privately.  Thank you!!)

Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:48 PM
Subject: Transfer 3!!!

Hey everybody!!!!
 
Holy Moly I can not believe that today is already October 21. That's insane. Well today is transfer day. Our whole zone is having some pretty big changes. And I will get to those when I tell you about my week. I hope you are feeling better about seminary. Something I learned this week when I talked with one of the seminary teachers here was he told me that he doesn't worry about feeling offended or upset about the kids that don't pay attention because he knows that that's the way he was when he was a kid and that stuff just happens. You are a great teacher and I know you are helping those kids out a lot. I'm glad you got some help from the inservice. That is so exciting about nana and papa and the lunch with sister Gray. I'm glad that you have had everyone over so much and had a blast with all of them. 

So this week has been great! We had 22 lessons and saw a ton of people this week. Tuesday we had a district meeting and the big thing that day was that we had dinner with the Williams. This family is awesome. Sister Williams is a pro soccer player and was on the US womens soccer team and also was on Wipeout. Season 4 Episode 7 is named after her: "Some People just don't know when to quit." I love this family. We saw The A's and J and B and T and E almost every day this week and taught them all. They are all doing great. Thursday we taught the N family the first lesson. They are a member family but they wanted to hear the lessons just so they knew what we do. It was really good. Friday we met and taught a 20 year old named J. He was a referral from Salt Lake. He just moved in like two weeks ago and was taking the lessons before he moved. We set him on date to be baptized November 9th. We are so excited for him. he is a great guy.Saturday we got the call from President. My companion, Elder Carbonneau, is leaving for Jarupa as a zone leader. I'm going to miss him but I know he will do good and it will be good for me to learn from others. I am thankfully staying and my new comp will be Elder Kelly. He has been out for about 7 months and I've heard only good things about him so I'm super stoked! I'll let you know more in my letter since I am running out of time but I am glad I'm still here. This ward is just like the one back home. I already have a ton of life long friends here and I can't wait to continue my service here in temescal canyon. Pie night was awesome too. We laughed more than I truly ever have before. We were all literally almost throwing up because of how much we were laughing! It was hilarious! Sunday I sang I know my Redeemer Lives and it was great! I am singing again on the tenth of next week with Brother Grossman as my accompianist. All day we ran around to get pictures with all the members for Elder Carbonneau. It was crazy! I should be getting my new comp at about 2 or 3 today and a member family is taking us out for lunch today! We might be moving to a new homeshare soon and I can't wait! 

I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much. Don't forget to write. I can't wait to hear from you again.
 
Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment