Monday, October 14, 2013

Last week of the second transfer!!!

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: Last week of the second transfer!!!

Hello everyone!!
 
I hope you all had a great week. It sounds like the party was a blast and had lots of help. I hope Kenzie got my letter. If not, it should be there soon. The cake sounds amazing. I'm glad Kaitlyn got to spend time with you guys. I'm sure she loved it and the kids as well. The Amazing Race sounds like it was a ton of fun also. I am so glad you got to go to the temple. I wish I could have been there. I miss the temple and can't wait to get to go again. So Chanler finally got to play the X box huh? I bet he was so excited! Jessica and Tyson are moving to Midland?!? That's awesome! But now you have to tell them that if they are going to stay for more than a year it has to be at least two years so they will be there when I get back. ;) I'm excited to hear about Nana and Papa coming home. That will be fun. I can't wait to see the picture of everyone sleeping. I can't believe McKenzie is in Young Womens now. CRAZY. So is having only one meeting on Sunday and the rain. The smell must be terrible. Thank you for all of your prayers. The Alvarez's and Toni are doing much better and are still progressing. I swear they are all going to be huge church leaders in the future. They are all so strong. Let me know what the family mission statement is when you decide. Keep inviting everyone. You never know who will say yes.
 
Well this week has been super interesting and a lot busier. Monday was the hike. We ended up not being able to see the ocean like we had hoped but it was still a really fun hike and I really enjoyed it. On Tuesday we got a new investigator. Lauretta and Brian were walking out of the outlet stores and saw this couple and out of the blue asked these strangers if they wanted to come to church with them! Lauretta has no fear and complete pride in her beliefs. We taught Jasmine the first lesson and asked her if she would be baptized. She said yes and the date is November 2! We are so stoked. She is pregnant and is living with her boyfriend in a tent on the side of the outlet stores however so there is a couple things we will have to do to get her ready to be baptized. (they have to be married and stop smoking). We got another referral also. On Wednesday we saw the Alvarez's again. But after our multi zone conference which I got to do a special musical number with Elder Taylor playing piano. My body shook the whole time I sang. I didn't think I was nervous at all but I guess my body did. Oh and before that, we had car inspections. For this we have to wash our cars before we get there. Unfortunetly, Elder Carbonneau and I forgot that we left our backpacks in the truck bed until halfway through the wash. Somehow our backpacks kept most the water out so our scriptures and my conference notes were okay. And now we have clean, waxed, backpacks! Sadly, during that meeting they came out and said that from now on the senior companion is only allowed to drive. :( So I don't get to drive the truck we just got anymore. I'm just a little upset with that rule. But oh well. Now everything that happens to the truck will not be my fault so it's all good. Brother Albert had to reschedule for this coming Wednesday so hopefully that will happen this week. Thursday we taught Jasmine again and then Toni. That was also McKenzie's birthday! Still can't believe she is 12. Friday was pretty slow. It was just one of those days where no one was home. We had dinner with the Alvarez's though which was good. Saturday was a good day. we went to give a church tour to Toni, Ernie (her boyfriend), Jasmine, and Brandon (Jasmine's boyfriend). That went great and they are now all investigators which is super awesome! They had us over for bbq that night too, right before pie night wich was great! Oh, so we have been walking everywhere this week and we probably will for the next couple weeks because we have to stay under miles for the month and we have about 500 left. That's not a whole lot. So I'm getting to work off all the weight that I have gained which is really good. So Sunday we got a ride to church with our Bishop but because of all his meetings we were there super early. That worked out perfectly though because Elder Taylor and I did our song in his ward that morning (Ortega Ward). It was really good. I didn't shake like the first time so I felt great about it. We will probably be doing it again in my ward this Sunday. Especially since it could possibly be my last Sunday in this area. Yeah I know, TRANSFERS calls are this Saturday which means I could be moved on Monday. I really really really do no want to leave. I love this ward and I know there is a ton of work to be done that I can do. My companion feels the same. So next week when I email again I could be somewhere else, most likely with a new companion, and maybe even training. I'm so anxious to see what happens.
 
I hope you guys have a great week. I can't wait to hear from you again. I loved getting the letters from you and the pictures. I'm still trying to catch up on writing everyone back. Good things are happening. The work is real and it is the Lord's. The Gospel is true. I know it. I love it. And I am striving to live it to my fullest potential.
 
I love you,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment