Monday, December 9, 2013

Last Week of the 3rd Transfer!! -- oops! apparently I didn't finish posting this! - it is now out of order!

Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 4:32 PM
Subject: Last Week of the 3rd Transfer!!
 

Helloooooo!!
You have no idea how jealous I am that you got some snow and ice. It's been pretty cold out here lately also but nothing like that. Which reminds me I need those jackets sent to me soon please. I can't believe the other wards cancelled church because of a little ice. Tell Bishop thank you for being so diligent and making sure everyone had the chance to partake of the sacred ordinance of the sacrament. There have been some things that we found out about T and E this last week (that I can't talk about over email) that we need to keep in our prayers. Please pray for them. And J and R as well. They need help as well. But R and J are doing great and we've picked up a couple new investigators this week that I am super excited to work with.

I hope that you and dad are okay. That's a little worrying. I'm keeping you in my prayers. I am soooooooo missing choir and Broadway Revue right now. I miss the practices and concerts so much. I've actually joined the ward choir here to have a little bit of that feeling from Mrs. Edwards and Blackstone's choir. I loved it so much. I'm so glad that they were able to pull it off. Don't worry about the Catching fire movie. My homeshare went to the movie the same time you guys did so I was already thinking about it. I admit I'm pretty jealous. Don't worry it wont distract me anymore. I'm glad you were able to find your SD card and start cleaning the desk. I miss Jessica and Tyson. Say hi to them for me. I'm glad you get to take Kaitlyn to lunch. I know how much she will appreciate that. I know she's excited.

It's going to be so wierd not being home for Thanksgiving. My first real holiday away from home and on my mission. Thankfully it's in an awesome area. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving day. Know that I am going to miss you and will be thinking of you.

So this last week was another slow week. I've been struggling to work my best and find more investigators. Every now and then it feels like I'm the only one. But our district meetings and PDay's and Pie Night always give me the extra boost I need. I'm so sorry I haven't sent any letters lately. I've been trying to make the time for it. So after we finished emailing last Monday we went to LA Fitness to play raquetball and basketball with Kyle and Jesse. Raquetball turned into "lets see who we can hit with the ball" since I'm the only one that really knows how to play and I ended up with a nice welt on my shoulder. It was definetly worth it though. We went out to eat afterwards. We've been having a problem with investigators cancelling daily on appointments so it's been hard to find things to fill in those spaces in the day were weren't expecting to be there. But hey, that is missionary work. The life of a missionary if hard work but rewarding. I've seen both ends of it already. We had a lesson with the A's everyday as usual and R on Thursday. Please keep the A's in your prayers as well. They've been having a rough time. Dinner on Thursday was with the Freemans and they brought us Wings and Things. It was DELICIOUS! We had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Friday Elder Albright and I were together for exchanges in my area and we picked up this awesome 70 year old black guy that is part of the Free Masons and will talk your ear off for hours if you let him. He was a super funny guy and I'm looking forward to working with him more in the following weeks. It was nice to have a break and be with Allbright that day and talk about whatever. He is the best zone leader. It also rained that day and was super cold. I can tell it's going to be harder to get our contacts soon as the weather changes and less people will be out. Saturday we picked up D as an investigator and Pie Night went great as well. I love Pie night. It's sad to think that next Saturday could be my last one. Sunday no one came to church. Not one of our investigators. So that is my new focus this week. Today has been great so far. We've had some good ball. Bill (Pie night guy) actually came to watch. It was a lot of fun. Later we are going over to the Grossman's to play some pool and ping pong. I finally beat Jesse again the other day!!! It was so great! haha

Well I hope that you guys are doing well. I miss y'all. Stay safe. I can't wait to hear from you again. I love you.

Love from Lake Elsinore, Cali,
Elder Bushman






No comments:

Post a Comment