Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Another Month Gone!


Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 7:13 PM
Subject: Another Month Gone!

Hey Everyone!!

I'm doing well! The bread is still good. It was great to get a package like that. Thanks a bunch! Sounds like you had a good week. I'm glad you got to visit Chad's grave. I miss being able to do that. 

I'm glad that you guys a great time at the Women's Conference. Congrats Chanler! That's great! That's sad to hear about Justin's mom. I hope they are doing well. That's crazy what is happening with Braden and Rachel. I hope everything is okay. I'm definitely keeping everyone in my prayers.

So this is going to be a shorter email cuz I don't have a ton of time but this is how my week went. It was a little slower again. Mostly due to the fact that we had to travel to Riverside shortly after our district meeting Tuesday afternoon for Albright's MRI. Wednesday we had a great lesson with N and S again. That night was pretty good. We got two dinners and then had a lesson with A which went well. Thursday we contacted a refferal from some Spanish missionaries and ended up picking up an awesome new family as investigators! N and her son R are awesome! They are super cool and we should be meeting her husband this week sometime. As long as he is down to take the lessons I already know that they are going to get baptized. She has already accepted the Book of Mormon as Scripture and Joseph Smith as a prophet! It is amazing to see how much the Lord has prepared this family. She has already quit smoking and there should only be small issues with drinking and coffee. I am so excited! That night we picked up another investigator named R that has been taught before and I'm looking forward to teaching her this week. Oh and we had to go back to Riverside to pay for Albright's appointments. Friday we finished our lesson with N and R since the first was a little hectic. Oh! Probably the craziest thing that happened this week was Friday night around 9 I was laying in bed and all of a sudden my bed started shaking. I looked down to see if Elder Albright was shaking the bed and then the whole room started to shake and sway from side to side! I experienced my first earthquake! It was so cool! A little scary but still super cool! I loved it! 
And then Saturday we had J...... J.....So our excitement for him has been pushed back for another month and a half back to his original date of May 23rd. I'm pretty upset about it. Everything was working out so well. Well I have to count my blessings and be happy that he is still wanting to learn and be baptized. I just wish it was sooner. So keep him in your prayers. To top off the week we didn't have anyone show up for church which was a real let down, but that's how it goes sometimes. I know that this week will be a ton better and I am super excited for the next month, transfer, and General Conference! It's going to be great!

Today has been a super good day so far. We woke up super early so that we could bike up Skyline again. Yeah I know. I can't believe I did it either. It was totally worth it though. This time it was just me, Elder Reed, and Elder Catch. We had a blast and made it up faster than last time which was a cool accomplishment. The view is amazing up there. Oh! And I didn't biff it this time! That made me super happy! Haha Afterwards we went and played some ball and shopped and now I am about to pass out. I am so exhausted. Elder Reed and I can barely walk around. We're so worn out. I'm looking forward to a nice nap in a bit once I finish emailing before PDay is over and I have to go to dinner. Well I hope you guys have a great week. Stay safe. I love you! This is God's true church. I know it is. 

Love,
Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment