Monday, August 26, 2013

4 weeks in California!

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: First Day of School - and Seminary!

Brian and Louretta & their kids.
Elder Henderson was Elder Carbonneau's companion when
Brian and Louretta were first being taught.
 

Hey everybody!
 
How are you guys?! I can't believe school is starting already. It's so weird to think that this is the first year I wont be in school and I am already four weeks into my mission! Sounds like seminary is going well already. I know you're a great teacher and your enthusiasm will help you so much. When you teach Plan of Salvation make it a point to explain its importance in everyaspect in our life. Especially for the future missionaries. They will use the Plan of Salvation daily on their missions. I can't wait to see pictures of everyone and everything that is happening. I miss seeing you guys. Tell all the youth I say hi for me and that I love them. Let them know how important it is to stay strong in the gospel. It's good to hear how much the youth program has grown since I left. I'm impressed there are that many high schoolers willing to get up and come to seminary. That is so awesome.
Haha oh the chaos of the first day of school. Don't you love it? ;) I still remember how in my 5th grade year I forgot my homework almost 3 times a week at Santa Rita and my teacher was nice enough to let me call you so you could bring it to me just about everytime. Good memories. This will be a good year for everyone. It will be a year full of new memories and new experiences since the schools are all different now. I hope your naps are good and long enough. Chanler is going to have a blast with Mrs. Pipkin. I went to school with her son and had her for math too and she was a lot of fun. She's a really good teacher. I'm excited for him. Keep training for that marathon. That's going to be awesome when you get to all do it together. Just remember that it really does take a ton of practice. That's why Logan's been doing it all summer long. Holy Moly I still can't believe that school is already starting for y'all. The past two months have gone by so fast.
Tell Sister Gray thank you so much for the package. I got it a while ago. I just haven't been able to write back. I'm hoping to do so this week. If you send my lamborguini flashdrive and one of my other ones then I will be able to put all of the pictures from my camera and put them on there and send the flashdrive back to you. And if you haven't sent the CD's yet send all of my CD's as well. The ones I talked about in my last email.
Well now for the part you guys are probably waiting for. This week has been a little on the slower side. It was different. Starting Monday we had dinner with the Holmes family and had some HUGE steaks for each of us. We were stuffed. Probably some of the best steak I have ever had! That night we went and taught Brian and Louretta again and since Sunday when they were confirmed things seem to have died down for them which is a big blessing. For the rest of the week we just saw a lot of potential/former investigators and members to try and find more people to teach. Tuesday night we had dinner at the Bruers. We had roast from the crock pot. That sent me back to moms kitchen back home. It was great. Wednesday we had our district meetings and one of the AP's was there. That night we went and had a lesson with a couple and the man's mother. Their names are Shannon, Thomas, and Juney. We conacted them in the parking lot on Sunday or Monday night and came to find out they live on the same road as Brian and Louretta. So we called Brian to see how they knew each other and apparently they and best friends and Louretta and Thomas grew up together! We couldn't believe it! The lesson went well. We taught them the restoration. Juney (the mother) lives behind Thomas and Shannon and thought we were part of a cult. Once we started talking with them she realized that we aren't and totally opened up to us. Right as I was opening my mouth to invite them to be baptized Juney's grandson walks into the house and starts trying to bash with us. Not going to lie, I was a little upset with him for that but it's okay. We helped him realize everything he was saying was wrong but he ended up still not really believing us and by that time we were late for dinner so we had to go. But before we left we gave a blessing to Shannon (Thomas' girlfriend) and the Spirit was definetly there. I forgot to mention that Louretta went with us to teach them as well. She actually ended up doing most of the teaching and talking which was awesome. She is so amazing! Shannon told us before we walked in the house an das we left the house that she is getting baptized and wasnts to be a Mormon no matter what. And it's all because she and Thomas and Juney have seen the enormous change in Brian and Louratta. It's been amazing to see the affect they have on everyone around them. I can't remember if I said this in my last email but we have a less active member that is making Elder Carbonneau and I bows and arrows!I'm so excited. He just has to paint them now. Well anyways this guy is Brother Hill and we gave his wife a blessing on Thursday. That night Brian and Louretta took us out to eat which was great. They fed us Friday night too! We got pizza Friday which was amazing. That was my first time to have pizza out in the field. Saturday I went on exchanges with Elder Taylor. He is the trainer for Elder Baker who is the one that I was with on exchanges during the fire. We had a blast together. He's only been out 6 weeks longer than me and is already training. He's a great missionary. WE were on bike which was a little rough for me since I'm used to the car and the bike wasn't mine and the seat wobbled back and forth so My butt hurt the entire time. But it's all good. We helped a lady from the ward move that morning and at 3:30 we got a call from the sister missionaries saying that some guy they were talking to needed help putting shingles on his roof. So we ended up biking over there and helped roof this random guys house for him in our slacks and white shirts. It was awesome! That night we had a member take us out to eat and then had pie night at Bill's. It was so much fun. I'm loving it out here. The work is great and the missionaries I get to preach with are great men of God. Sunday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on the Restoration. I'll send it to you guys in the mail. I got all my stuff from general conference talks. I learned a lot from studying for it. And now today we have our PDay! We started off with our shopping and then went and gave a lady in our ward a blessing. After that we went to the church and have been hanging out with the zone since then. I'm excited to see what is in store for us thsi coming week. Hopefully it picks up and we find some more people to teach.
I hope you guys are all having a great time. I miss you all. Don't forget to write me. I love you so much.
Love,
Elder Bushman


On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM,
Oh! I totally forgot to mention that I got to stand in the circle on Sunday when Brian recieved the Aaronic Priesthood!!! So he's going to have the chance to bless the sacrament next week! We are so excited for him!
I got a haircut. Here's a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment